The month of July is dedicated to the precious Blood of Jesus. The feast of the precious Blood of Jesus was instituted in 1849 by Pope Pius IX, but the devotion is as old as Christianity. BETTY AMUKPO chats with some children on the significance of the precious Blood of Jesus. Excerpts.
‘The blood of Jesus Christ purifies us from sin’
In the book of Ephesians 1:7: In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace. With the blood of Jesus Christ, man’s sins are forgiven which is a big redemption to us. As a Catholic, the blood of Jesus Christ purifies us from sin and with the grace of the blood of Christ, it represents a great omen in our lives and it signifies His love for us that He died for us to have a life of ease.
• Eyinade Gideon
‘The precious blood of Christ represents life’
The precious blood of Christ represents life. It represents the wine given during mass. The precious blood of Jesus Christ paid the price of our redemption (1st Peter 1:18-19). It was shed so that we will have relationship with God (1st Peter 17-21). The blood signifies the supreme offering of God. It is the only blood that appeases the divine justice. The blood and water from Jesus side symbolise the grace of sacrament, help and forgiveness (John19: 34.) God presented Jesus as sacrifice for our sins. It sanctifies us (Heb.13:12.) The precious blood of Jesus cleanses our guilty consciences (1st John 1:7), (Heb 9 13 -14). It gives us peace Colossians (1:19- 20).
• Anyasor Chibuike
‘It is Christ’s own great ransom paid for the redemption of mankind’
Catholics believe that the blood of Christ is Precious, because it is Christ own great ransom paid for the redemption of mankind. 1 Peter 1 vs. 18-19. The precious blood signifies the supreme offering to God.
• Favour Okoroafor
‘Those who eat My flesh and drink My blood have eternal life’
The Blood of Jesus Christ strengthens us because the body and blood of Christ is our spiritual food and drink. The bible also says in 1 John 1:17, if we live in the light just as He is in the light then we fellowship with one another, the blood of Jesus, His son purifies us from every sin. It is also written in the book of John 6:54 that those who eat My flesh and drink My blood have eternal life. I pray that God will give us the grace to always receive Him worthily so that we won’t receive condemnation in Jesus name. Amen.
• Eziashi Faustina
‘His blood brings us into fellowship with God’
The precious blood of Jesus Christ in Christian theology is the physical bloodshed by Jesus Christ primarily on the cross for salvation of mankind. Leviticus 17:11 “for the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your soul, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life”. The importance of blood of Jesus are:
• His blood cleanses
• His blood Redeems us
• His blood reconciles us to God
• His blood gives power over the devil
• It is Christ own great ransom paid for the redemption of mankind. 1 Peter.
• His blood brings us into fellowship with God. The book of Exodus 12:13 says when I see the blood, I will pass over you. Having made peace through the blood on His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself. His blood makes peace.
• Chima Anita
‘The Precious Blood of Jesus can do and is still doing lots of things’
The Precious Blood of Jesus can do and is still doing lots of things.
• The blood is immensely precious to us.
• It brings about our redemption, a purchase to our freedom, Ephesians 1:7 “In Him we have redemption, through His Blood”
• It brings about Forgiveness of our sin. Ephesians 2:13.
• Pacification in being at peace with Christ. Colossians1:19-20.
• Justification to full acceptance. We have been justified by His blood. Romans 5:9.
• The blood of Christ represents God’s incarnation and sacrifice to mankind. We are really blessed to have and experience the love of God in our lives through his Precious Blood.
• Victoria Okefe
‘The blood of Jesus Christ is a compelling artistic symbol of His Incarnation and Sacrifice’
The precious blood of Jesus cleanses and covers every sin and accompanying guilt. It’s also cleanses us from dead consciences and makes us pure and alive. The blood of Jesus Christ is a compelling artistic symbol of His Incarnation and Sacrifice.
• Francis Chibunna Umennadi.
‘It keeps us at peace and shields us from danger’
The Precious Blood of Jesus Christ is our Lord Jesus Christ’s great ransom paid for the redemption of mankind. 1st Peter 1:18-19, Rev. 5:9. It is the foundation of God’s new covenant of Grace. Luke 22:20. Its importance and significance are:
1. The reconciliation between God and man. Romans 3:25
2. It has Redemption Power. Eph. 1:7, Heb. 9:12
3. It forgives us of our sins, Heb. 9:22 and gives us freedom from sin. Rev 1:5
4. It justifies us, Rom. 5:9 and brings us to the presence of God. Eph. 2:13.
5. It keeps us at peace Col. 1:19-20 and shields us from danger Rev. 12: 11.
• Munachisom Immanuella Okasi