1. Have the talk with your children about their sexuality as soon as possible.
2. Teach them the underwear rule, anything covered by underwear is private.
3. Teach them the real names of their private parts, there is nothing to feel weird about.
4. Teach them not to keep any secret.
5. Teach them the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touch and behaviour.
6. Empower them to say NO, even if it is an adult asking them to do something that feels wrong.
7. Parents should know what signs to look for in the case of abuse (Accidental and Non-accidental injuries).
8. Communicate often and believe them if they informed you that an Uncle, neighbour or teacher is behaving funny.
9. Be careful who your child is spending time with. Over 80% of abuse is from people the child knows not strangers.
10. Talk about it from time to time, once is not enough
11. You can give/teach them a code word they can use when they are unsafe
12. Pray always that they will not fall into the hands of evil people.